Seven of Carrie Bradshaw's Most Memorable Quotes
I'm one of those die-hard Sex and The City fans who feels that there's never a wrong time for a binge session of the popular HBO series that stole all of our hearts almost 20 years ago. Wow, almost 20 years! The series premiered in 1998, and perhaps it doesn't seem that long because it's such a timeless show that is still very relevant.
Although I knew about the show when it was on television, I didn't hop on the Sex and The City bandwagon until right after the series ended. It was around 2004 or 2005 when I decided to take the plunge and order the entire series on DVD because I had heard so many great things about it, and from that moment on, I knew that these four women would leave a lasting imprint in my heart. Yes, they're fictional characters; however, the writers of this show were so amazing that you almost forgot they weren't actual people living these lives. We all could relate to at least one of the characters on an emotional level, which makes watching any television show that much more enjoyable.
Love and life according to Carrie Bradshaw:
1. "The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And, if you find someone to love the you that you love, well, that's just fabulous."
2. "I'm someone who is looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love."
3. "People say 'everything happens for a reason.' These people are usually women. And these women are usually sorting through a break-up. It seems that men can get out of a relationship without even a "goodbye." But, apparently, women have to either get married or learn something."
4. "When it comes to relationships, maybe we're all in glass houses, and shouldn't throw stones. Because you can never really know. Some people are settling down, some are settling, and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies."
5. "I revealed too much too soon. I was emotionally slutty."
6. "Miranda was a huge fan of the Yankees. I was a huge fan of being anywhere you could smoke and drink at two in the afternoon without judgment."
7. "Life gives you lots of chances to screw up which means you have just as many chances to get it right."